Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine - Totally electronic, totally interactive, totally free - Premier issue: January 2009

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Years End

It’s December already and like I find myself saying every year – “Where did the Year go”? Haven’t had too much time to get to the trains. The time I did get I spent running trains! I found myself reflecting on the things that have changed since the last time I was MR’ing and my favorite things for this layout.

The things I’m finding I really like are:
The Digitrax Zephyr DCC – The perfect room size DCC system
Atlas GP 40s – Smooth running and strong pullers
Atlas SD35 – Smooth running, strong pulling and sound
Walthers 50’ Bulkhead flat cars – Great looking cars (need better wheels though)**
Walther’s 60’ Woodchip gons- Great looking cars (need better wheels though).**

**I received my Walther’s Gold Line 60’ woodchip cars. I really do like these cars and you can read about them on my post here
http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/517

**I have also added several more of the Walther’s Gold Line 50’ bulkhead flats to the inventory. In addition, I picked up an E bay special for an Athearn GP 40 dummy in SP paint. Needs some work but it was a good deal.


I have found 2 areas of track work that I’ll be re-doing. The main track and siding in Happy Camp and the classification tracks in the yard. Just need to do some tweaking to get it right. It doesn’t get easier than doing it now. Well ok, next year…….

No comments: